1.30.2009

A's 25 Random Things...

1. I have a HUGE sweet tooth (no secret there)!

2. My favorite movie of all time is Empire Records - "damn the man!" And my favorite TV show is King of Queens, even though I've probly seen every episode 3x.

3. Im' a big sap at heart - I will cry at any sad movie - but only when I'm alone... I try not to show that weakness in public.

4. I like to make plans for everything and hate leaving things up to "chance". If I could plan everything I would - just to have control.

5. I'm a bona fide perfectionist... it's both a blessing and a curse.

6. I love to sleep in, even if I'm already getting more than 8 hours of sleep.

7. I hate working out, but feel that as I get older I need to stay fit so I can live a long, happy life.

8. I always wanted to be popular in high school, but later realized that I would rather have a few very close friends than to have everyone like me and not have any sense of friendships.

9. I used to scrapbook... A LOT. And I miss doing it. But it's also so much work!

10. I don't have a very green thumb... I only have one plant, a corn plant - and even that I can't remember to water very often (so I got Aqua Globes... and I forget to refill those too).

11. I like to try cooking new recipies that I haven't made before, and Paul is so good about eating it even if it's not that great.

12. I like to bake, but always feel guilty when eating the cakes, cookies, and breads because I know what went into them.

13. I love spending money on "kitchy" decorative things. My house is full of them, and then I'm constantly trying to buy more things to organize them.

14. I like to use my creative design skills to help my friends in their own homes... whether it's paint selection, art shopping, or designing a whole baby nursery.

15. I can Photoshop really well and I like working on it - I have fooled many with my super-impositions (if that wasn't a word, it is now).

16. I get really bad cluster headaches that last for several days at a time - I have to take 3 Excedrin just to make it through the day, and even then, they don't fully go away - I wake up with them the next day.

17. You might call me a "pack rat"... I save EVERYTHING.

18. I wish I made more money, so that I could take some of the pressure off of Paul.

19. I want to get a Shih Tzu puppy, but am afraid I could not care for it right (if it's anything like a corn plant)... so instead we have a Beta fish (and Paul takes care of it).

20. I want to have kids one day, but am afraid my "life" will be over once I do.

21. I currently don't attend a church, although I am a Christian. I love the Lord, I pray every day, and I have faith that things will always work out for His perfect will and purpose.

22. I have often wondered what my life would be like if I had done just one small thing differently - like gone to a colllege out of state, or travelled abroad for a year, or gotten a big-time design job just out of school...would anything be different?

23. I miss my friends and family back home in WA state. I thought we would have moved back there by now, but with the economy rut we're stuck in, it's looking like a long way off.

24. I'm in love with Dave Matthews - he'd be my "one night pass", and Paul's OK with that... I think.

25. I love my husband more than words can say (and more than Dave), and the life that we've created togeher.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Very cool, Sha! I'm not going to do this (see #20) but I will say that #4-#10 we have completely in common! And #11-13 & #17 we are completely opposite! As for #20; your life AS YOU KNOW IT will change! But, your life as it will be will begin! It's a beautiful thing! See your #21!! Love you!

Evey said...

So yeah, you should blog!

PrettyThings said...

Shash, you know I have two VERY spoiled dogs...and I am currently in the process of killing two plants. You could care for a pup. :-)

Thank you for introducing me to Excedrin migraine in college - you have saved the day many times for me!!!

If you get a dog, it's like easing into not having a life. In a mostly-awesome way. :-)

Greg Prosmushkin said...

Thanks for sharing this very interesting post with us. I enjoyed stopping by to read these wonderful facts about you. Have a great rest of your day and keep up these fun blogs.
Greg Prosmushkin